Who says you can’t have pizza for breakfast? With vegetables, protein (egg) and cheese, this is an all in one hit! Easy to make and kid-approved!
Ingredients (serves 6):
1 packet of Suraj Naan
1 cup pizza sauce
1/2 cup thinly sliced yams or potatoes
1 cup thinly sliced baby spinach
1 medium onion, thinly sliced.
1 medium pepper (red, orange or yellow to add color).
1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled or 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded.
Pepper and red chilli flakes to taste (both optional).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Celsius.
- Drizzle a pizza pan lightly with some olive oil (to prevent sticking)
- Take naan and spread pizza sauce, add all vegetables. I usually decorate the yams/potatoes along the sides of the naan. This will also help hold the egg in place.
- Crack the egg in the center.
- Layer with cheese on top.
- Dress with peppers/red chili.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Watch carefully not to overcook the egg (it will dry up). You want the egg yolk to be cooked on top.