Another melt your heart in winter recipe. Compatible with vegetarians/vegans.
1 tbsp coconut oil.
1 red pepper
1/2 cup chopped carrots
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 onion, chopped
Ginger, grated (1 inch)
Garlic, 2 cloves, grated.
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp red chili flakes (optional).
1/2 medium yam, cubed.
1 can, brown lentils
2 cup coconut milk
- Chop all vegetables and grate ginger and garlic. Put aside.
- In a large saucepan or soup pot, heat coconut oil, Add onions, celery, carrots and peppers.
- Add ginger, garlic until aromatic. Add salt, pepper and chili flakes.
- Add yam.
- In the mean time, use 1/2 of the canned lentils and 2 cups of coconut milk and puree in a blender.
- Add pureed lentil, coconut milk mixture and remaining lentils to sauce pain.
- Bring to a simmer and let flavors to mix and yam to cook. Stir occasionally.
- Serve hot. No need for sides but a light sandwich or garlic bread would make a good addition!